Thursday, April 16, 2015

Just a sidenote...

I wasn't going to do a post tonight, I was going to let the last few night's posts sink in for you all, but then it popped into my head today, while I was driving to a client's house, that part of showing goodness to your husband also means praying for him and his walk with God. So as a little sidenote I wanted to share with all of you a prayer ritual I have started doing for my "future husband" on a daily basis that I think is VERY beneficial. It's called praying for your husband from Head to Toe and I originally got it through an online devotional that one of my best friend's sent me a while back. By doing this you are literally covering your husband in prayer and it can be so powerful and life-changing. It's worth trying!

His mind: What he thinks about
His eyes: What he looks at
His ears: What he listens to
His mouth: The words he speaks
His neck: His decisions that turn his head
His shoulders: His burdens and worries
His heart: Who and What he loves
His back: His protection
His arms: His strength
His hands: His work
His ring finger: His marriage
His side: His relationships
His sexuality: His need for physical intimacy
His legs: His stand for the truth
His knees: His relationship with God
His feet: His walk

Now, I am very aware that we all are at different places in our faith journey, but I am at this spot where I make a point to pray on a daily basis (and multiple times within that day). It's a priority for me and since I spend a lot of time on the road that is generally when I get all of my prayers out. Along with that, I am a firm believer that God hears our prayers and not only that but I have seen prayers answered over and over and over again....and every time, it never ceases to amaze me. So if you are a little hesitant at first about praying for your spouse, I think that's completely natural, but I truly believe it is one of the BEST things you can do for your husband on a daily basis. I encourage you to give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment